Italian Stir-Fried Lamb
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:10 mins.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen Italian-style green beans, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 ounces American Lamb boneless leg or sirloin, thinly sliced into 3” strips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces linguine or fettuccine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine broth, wine or water, pesto, cornstarch, and oregano. Set aside.
2. Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil. Stir-fry carrots and green beans for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove vegetables from wok or skillet; set aside.
3. Add lamb strips to wok or skillet. Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until slightly pink. Add vegetable mixture. Add pesto mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in tomatoes. Cook 1 minute longer.
4. Serve over hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board