Island Lamb Teriyaki Sticks
Prep Time:20 mins.
Cook Time:6-8 mins.
Marinate Time:4-12 hrs.
- 2 pounds boneless American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into strips, 1” wide, 1/2” thick
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 water chestnuts
- 24 pineapple chunks
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 12″ bamboo skewers, soaked in water
1. Place strips of lamb in shallow dish. In bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger, and salt; reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Pour remaining marinade over lamb. Cover and refrigerate meat for 4 to 12 hours, turning occasionally.
2. To assemble teriyaki sticks, remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. Thread lamb strips on bamboo skewers accordion-fashion alternately with water chestnuts, pineapple chunks and cherry tomatoes.
3. Grill over medium-hot coals. Cook 4” above coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, brushing occasionally with marinade. Turn teriyaki sticks frequently during cooking time.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board