Grilled Veal Skirt Steak
Prep Time:5 mins.
Cook Time:5 mins.
Marinate Time:24 hrs.
• 4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal skirt steaks, 4 oz. each
• 1/4 cup veal stock
• 1 cup red wine
• Salted fresh herbs to taste
• 2 garlic cloves, pressed
• 1 bay leaf
- In a shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients. Place the skirt steaks in the marinade and marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the first side of the steaks until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the steaks over and cook until the juices rise once again to the surface. Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 147°F or when the meat begins to shrink in volume.
- Remove the steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminum foil, let sit a few minutes and keep warm.
- Slice the steaks against the grain. Place the slices on plates and top with veal stock previously heated and serve.
Photo & Recipe: Grainfedveal.com