Grilled Lamb Loin Chops with Mint Pisto
- 8 lamb loin chops
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, garlic and rosemary in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover the chops with the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- To prepare Mint Pistou, place the mint, parsley, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender. Turn it on and slowly drizzle in the oil until you have a smooth, pourable paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill over HIGH heat and cook the chops for 5 to 6 minutes, per side for medium doneness, or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with Mint Pistou to serve.
Source: Courtesy of True Aussie Beef & Lamb