Grilled Lamb Loin Chops with Orange & Olive
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:20 mins.
1 1/2 pounds American Lamb loin chops, 1” -1 ½” thick
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons plain yogurt, low-fat or whole milk
Juice and zest of one orange, divided
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped and divided
1 small red onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup finely chopped green olives
1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- Pat the chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Lay the chops in a shallow non-reactive pan such as an 8” square baking dish.
- Combine the yogurt, half of the orange juice and zest, and half of the garlic in a small bowl. Whisk the ingredients together and pour over the chops, turning them once to coat both sides with the marinade. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chops from the refrigerator 30 to 45 minutes prior to grilling to allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Heat grill to medium-high, or preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Remove the chops from the marinade and allow most of it to drip off. Lightly oil the grill or gill pan, and arrange the chops over the heat.
- Grill 3 minutes, turn each chop 90 degrees, and cook for another 3 minutes or until the chops are nicely charred. Flip the chops and cook on the other side for about 6 more minutes, turning halfway through. They should still be pink inside. Remove the chops from the grill and place on a warm plate to rest while you make the sauce.
- Combine the remaining orange juice and zest, and chopped garlic with the onion, olives, parsley and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir well to combine, spoon some sauce over each chop and serve immediately.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board