Grilled American Lamb Sirloin Kabobs with Meyer Lemon & Garlic
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:8 mins.
Marinate Time:30 mins.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced to a fine paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds American Lamb sirloin steaks/chops, cut into 3/4” cubes (or use boneless leg or precut kabob meat)
- 1 red onion, quartered and sliced
- 3 Meyer lemons, cut into 1/2” slices, seeds removed, halved
- 6 to 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
1. In a bowl, combine garlic, oil, salt, rosemary, chile flakes, and pepper. Add lamb cubes; marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread lamb, onions and lemons onto skewers. Grill to medium-rare, approximately 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board