Fast Lamb Minestrone
Prep Time:5 mins.
Cook Time:15 mins.
- 1 package (16 ounces) seasoned frozen pasta and vegetable mix
- 4 cups fat-free beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (8.75 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 ounces cooked Catelli Fresh American Lamb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Pesto (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, combine pasta/vegetable mix and beef broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato paste, kidney beans, Italian seasoning, and lamb. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes to heat through. Serve with a dollop of pesto, if desired.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board