All American Lamb Burgers
Prep Time:10 mins.
Cook Time:10 mins.
- 2 pounds of ground Catelli Fresh American Lamb
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices red onion, split into rings
- 16 tomato slices
1. In large bowl, combine ground lamb, tomato sauce, oats, onion, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are blended. Shape into eight 1/2” thick patties.
2. To Grill: Cook over medium-hot coals. Grill 4” from coals 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness: Internal temperature of 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium or 170° for well.
To Broil: Place lamb patties on broiler pan. Broil lamb 4 inches from source of heat for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness: 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium or 170° for well.
3. Arrange lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun. Top with onion rings, 2 tomato slices, cooked lamb patties and bun top.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board