Maintenance Mechanic "C"
The Maintenance Mechanic "C" will be part of a team responsible for supporting production by safely maintaining Catelli Brothers' equipment to produce the highest quality Lamb and Veak at the lowest possible cost. In performing the above function, GMP practices, environmental and regulatory requirments are to be satisfied.
· Must be knowledgeable in forklift and scissors lift safety.
· Must be able to safely operate shop equipment such as grinders, cut-off saws, power tools, ladders, etc.
· Must have working knowledge of basic protective equipment requirements as they apply to maintenance personnel.
· Must be knowledgeable in equipment Lock-Out/Tag-Out requirements.
· Must be knowledgeable in the proper use of portable fire extinguishers.
· Must be knowledgeable of safe lifting techniques.
· Must be knowledgeable in Chemical handling procedures and drum storage practices.
· Must have working knowledge of OSHA, FDA AND GMP requirements as they pertain to maintenance activities at a food processing facility.
· Must be able to install production equipment on elevated platforms.
· Must be able to time automated equipment drives using vendors manuals and specifications.
· Must be able to troubleshoot complex automated equipment.
· Must be knowledgeable in the operating principles of hydraulic systems and able to troubleshoot and repair their mechanical components.
· Must be knowledgeable in mechanical drive fundamentals, i.e. Chain drive sprocket and gearbox ratios, etc.
· Must be able to read piping diagrams.
· Must be able to replace automated equipment mechanical components.
· Must be proficient in the use of standard hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, bearing pullers, etc.
· Must be proficient in the use of simple power tools such as drills, grinders, cut-off saws, impact wrenches, etc.
· Must be able to perform building mechanical repairs.
· Must be able to perform plumbing repairs such as unclogging drains, replace faucets, toiler repairs, etc.
· Must be knowledgeable in cleaning and degreasing techniques.
· Must be able to troubleshoot systems up to 480 volts.
· Able to read/write in English.
· Able to work flexible hours and overtime as required by workload.
· Able to function in a team environment where continuous improvement is expected through communication and cooperation.
· Must be willing and able to contribute to and implement department programs, procedures and systems as needed.
· Must be able to qualify for forklift, scissors lift driver’s license.
Typical maintenance conditions. Will frequently enter various refrigerated areas of the plant to perform maintenance activities. Frequent stay in the refrigerated areas may be for extended periods of time.
Responds to emergency calls and discusses the cause of problems with other mechanics, supervisors and other associates such as production personnel.
Requests parts and provides information where parts are to be used.
Meets as needed to request parts and clarify specifications.
Suppliers: Meets as needed to obtain parts and equipment information.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in fresh meat production environment preferred
High school diploma/ BS Degree in related field
4+ years’ experience in Maintenance
Sustained physical effort required, entailing the use of ladders and catwalks to reach, troubleshoot and maintain production and facilities equipment. Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Will frequently enter various refrigerated areas of the plant to perform maintenance activities. Frequent stay in the refrigerated areas may be for extended periods of time.
401k with Employer Match
Medical Coverage & Prescription Plan
Paid Time Off