Vegetable Lamb Chop Skillet Dinner
Prep Time:10 mins.
Cook Time:1 1/2 hrs.
- 4 Catelli Fresh American Lamb shoulder chops, 3/4″ thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine or fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed cauliflower (bite-sized pieces)
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 small onions
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Parsley, optional
1. Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil with garlic. Add chops; brown on both sides. Add wine, boiling water and bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chops are almost tender.
2. Arrange cauliflower, carrots, onions, and potatoes around chops. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until all are tender. During last 8 minutes of cooking, add broccoli. During last 5 minutes of cooking, add tomatoes.
3. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board