Muenster-Stuffed Veal & Mushroom Burger
Prep Time:10 mins.
Cook Time:10 mins.
1 lb. ground veal
8 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped fine
3 ounces bread crumbs
3 ounces milk
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
6 Muenster cheese slices
6 Ciabatta rolls
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup steak sauce
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the veal, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Form the meat mixture into 12 burgers, about 2 1/2 oz. per patty. Place one slice of Muenster cheese on half of the burgers and top with the second burger. Seal the two burgers together.
- To make the topping, heat canola oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add the steak sauce and chopped parsley. Stir to mix. Reserve warm.
- Grill each burger for 2-3 minutes per side or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve on toasted Ciabatta rolls and top with 2 tablespoons of mushroom topping.
Photo & Recipe: Funded by the Beef Checkoff