Moroccan Lamb Stew
Prep Time:30 mins.
Cook Time:1 1/2 hrs.
- 1 pound lean diced lamb stew meat or cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 12 dried apricots, diced
- 10 1/2 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock or 1/2 teaspoon reduced-salt beef bouillion cube to 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and brown lamb well. Place in a casserole dish.
3. Add the onion, cumin and paprika to the pan and cook in the remaining oil until lightly brown. Scatter over the lamb.
4. Add carrots, apricots, chickpeas (including liquid from the can), and stock.
5. Place casserole dish in oven and cook at 325° for approximately 1 1/2 hours until the lamb is tender.
Photo & Recipe: Beef + Lamb New Zealand