Grilled Veal Chops with Potato-Leek Hash
Prep Time:30 mins.
Cook Time:15 mins.
- 4 veal loin or rib chops, cut 1” thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 medium leeks, cut into 1/2” thick slices, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Stir in potatoes, leeks, 1 tablespoon thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Cover and cook 12 to 16 minutes or until potatoes and leeks are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to crisp, stirring occasionally and adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil to prevent sticking, if needed.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and pepper; press evenly onto veal chops. Place chops on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 17 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Serve chops with potato mixture.
Photo & Recipe: VealMadeEasy.com