Grilled Lamb Sliders with Smoked Tomato Jam, Havarti Cheese & Arugula
Servings:4 (2 sliders each)
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:45 mins.
1 can (12 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons julienned fresh mint
8 2 oz. lamb sliders
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 slider rolls
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 thinly sliced small squares Havarti cheese
3-4 tablespoons aioli or mayonnaise
4 ounces baby arugula leaves
1. For the Tomato Jam: in a medium, nonreactive pan with a heavy, flat bottom, combine first seven ingredients; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat until thick, about 40 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon every 3 to 4 minutes to prevent sticking. Transfer jam to a nonreactive bowl, fold in mint and set aside to cool.
2. Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium hot.
3. Season lamb sliders with salt and pepper; place the patties on the grates and grill about 1 to 3 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
4. Place a piece of cheese on each patty just before removing it from the grill.
5. Meanwhile, spread butter on both sides of the buns and toast until light golden brown. Spread a teaspoon of tomato jam on the bottom half of each bun, add arugula leaves, and top with a grilled lamb patty. Spread the top half of each bun with aioli or mayonnaise and place on the burger. Serve immediately.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board